Netphone allows you to make cheap phone calls through your broadband connection, instead of your phone line (phone lines are so nineties). To make it even better, all your local and standard national calls are included with Netphone.
Step 1: Add Netphone
Add Netphone for a better choice in voice. Netphone is included with any residential VDSL2, Cable, FTTH and Naked DSL plan (call inclusions vary for Naked DSL).
|Calls to other Netphone numbers||Included|
|Standard National calls||Included|
|International calls||from 5c per minute|
|Calls to Australian mobiles||29c/min (per 30 second block)|
|1300 and 13 numbers||30c untimed|
Depending on the broadband plan that you bundle Netphone with, the monthly fee may be discounted to $0. Phone line connection fee may apply. Cost of modem and other equipment are not included.Download the VoIP Critical Information Summary
Step 2: Add Call Packs
Cheaper rates on international calls
With Netphone, international calls come with no connection fee and no peak time restrictions – just the same great rates whenever you pick up the phone. Take a look at our International and long distance rates for a full list of international call rates.
Get all your calls to landlines in our top 20 international destinations below included when you add an International Call Pack.
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
What our customers are saying
"Once again, fantastic!! It's a breath of fresh air dealing with such a professional. Many thanks Owen."Gary - 8 March 2016
- Calls to 000 emergency services are not guaranteed in the event of a power outage.
- Priority Assistance services are not available from iiNet.
- Calls to 19/1900 numbers are not available with Netphone.
- Calls to certain 'high-risk' international destinations are not available by default.
- Netphone requires you to waive your rights under the Customer Service Guarantee.
- Full terms for Netphone are stipulated in our Customer Relationship Agreement.
- Timed international calls are charged per second.
- Calls to mobile numbers are charged per 30 second block.
- Included calls are subject to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Netphone is provided on the basis that you waive your >Customer Service Guarantee (CSG). You do not have to agree to the waiver, but if you do not agree, we have the right to decline to supply the service.
For more information, please refer to our Netphone terms, fees & guarantees.
Is this your first time with Netphone?
To get Netphone working on your broadband connection, you'll need:
A phone handset
Netphone works just like a normal phone. To start using it, all you need is a standard phone plugged into your VoIP-enabled broadband modem.
Which means you also need...
A VoIP-enabled broadband modem
Time for a shameless plug: we recommend using a TG-789 modem, because it's easy to set up and plays well with iiNet Broadband, Fibre and iiNet TV with Fetch.
Unless you use...
A VoIP adapter (ATA)
If you're not ready for a VoIP-enabled modem, an ATA device will let you plug in your phone handset for Netphone calls.