Find your ideal iiNet’s nbn® plan with our range of speeds and extras. You can also check your address to see if a Fibre Upgrade is available with a $0 installation (standard installation only). Plus, add optional Fetch Entertainment to make it easy to access a world of entertainment all in one place.
Why choose an iiNet Fibre Upgrade?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the NBN?
The National Broadband Network (NBN™) refers to the fixed line, fixed wireless and satellite infrastructure being rolled out by NBN Co to replace the existing broadband infrastructure with a faster and more reliable broadband service.
Why choose iiNet NBN?
We're Australia's Best NBN Provider 2018, 2019 & 2020 - as rated by the experts at CHOICE.
Range of NBN plan speeds - Connect to your ideal plan. There's a range of speeds to suit your needs.
24/7 customer support - any time of the day or night: if you need us, we'll be there
Can I get/keep my home phone on the NBN?
Yes! You can move your phone service across to our NBN Phone service. This works just like your home phone, except it runs over the internet. You can even keep your existing phone number.
Please note NBN Phone is only available if you choose to take an iiNet supplied NBN modem. The NBN Phone service will not be included and you will not be able to make or receive calls if you do not take up an iiNet supplied NBN modem.
If you choose to use the NBN Phone service, calls will be charged at the following rates:
|Standard National Calls
|Standard Australian Mobile calls
(per 30 second block)
|1300 and 13 Numbers
You can add a call pack to your NBN plan to reduce call costs on eligible calls. Call pack charges apply.
View international call rates
Download the NBN™ Phone Critical Information Summary
What hardware do I need for the NBN?
Do I need equipment installed by NBN™?
If necessary, an NBN™ technician will complete a standard installation of the required NBN™ equipment at no cost to you. Please note that fees may be incurred for non-standard installations as determined by NBN Co. The technician will be able to advise these fees if this is the case.
Check out Connecting to the NBN™ for more details about the different types of equipment used with the different types of NBN™ services.
Will my current modem/router work with NBN™ broadband?
- To use your NBN™ service your modem must be NBN-ready and allow you to change the VLAN setting.
- For NBN™ FTTN or FTTB your modem will also need to be VDSL2, Save Our Showtime (SOS) and Robust Overhead Channel compatible.
- For Superfast/Ultrafast plans you will need to supply a compatible high-speed modem to support your ultra-fast speeds.
You can check compatibility with your modem manufacturer.
Will my medical alarm, security alarm, EFTPOS machine or fax machine work on the NBN™ network?
Many types of devices that are normally connected to phone lines (such as medical alarms, back to base alarms, EFTPOS machines, fax machines and more) can work over the NBN™ network, however please contact the service provider or device manufacturer to make sure - you may need to order a specific type of phone service on the NBN™ network in order for these services to continue working.
- iiNet does not offer a Priority Assistance service. If you have Priority Assistance or believe you may be eligible, please consider this before lodging your application.
- We recommend you register any medical alarm services on the NBN Medical Alarm Register, which can be found on the NBN Co website.
What is a Fibre Upgrade?
NBN Co’s Fibre Connect initiative is rolling out nbn™ Fibre to eligible Aussie homes with $0 installation (standard installation only). Learn more about the benefits of a Fibre Upgrade with our FAQs.
For more details, please visit our iiHelp FAQ.
Important Information You Need to Know
All iiNet services are bound by our Customer Relationship Agreement. This page offers a quick summary of the terms, fees and guarantees that come with your service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on 13 19 17.
Our NBN™ plans are provided on no lock-in contract. Our fair contract guarantee lets you change between plans at any time.
|New & Existing Customers on No Lock-in Contract
This is our once-off activation fee to get you connected.*
NBN™ WiFi Modem
$0 when you stay connected for 24 months.
$8x remaining months payable if you cancel prior to 24 months. Maximum payable is $192. Learn more.
|NBN™ WiFi Modem Delivery
This is our delivery fee to provide you with your NBN™ WiFi Modem (if purchased).
Fees may be incurred for non-standard or additional NBN™ installations.
|As defined by NBN™ (or iiNet where applicable)
|New Development Charge
As of 1st April 2016, NBN Co introduced a connection charge of $300 for each new connection order within a New Development Location. If you are connecting within a development area you may be liable for this charge. More information on these charges can be found here.
* Any cabling that is required in your premises beyond the Network Boundary Point is your responsibility. This does not include the purchase of a modem. There may be additional installation fees for non-standard premises, however your agreement to these fees will be confirmed prior to iiNet setup.
Hardware Non-Return Fees
If you withdraw an order from us (before your service is activated) and receive the modem we supplied to you, you will need to pay for the modem unless it is returned to us in good working order within 21 days of withdrawing your order.
If you cancel your service after it has been activated, any applicable modem payment fees will apply in accordance with the terms and conditions of your chosen service.
If you have selected a Fetch plan, received the Fetch Set Top box supplied to you and want to:
- withdraw your order from us (before your internet service is activated); or
- remove your Fetch subscription only (before your Fetch hardware is activated),
your Fetch setup fees will be credited back to your account once the Set Top box is returned to us in good working order within 21 days of withdrawing your order or removing your Fetch subscription (before Fetch hardware is activated), respectively.
If you cancel your Fetch subscription after it has been activated, any applicable Fetch payment fees are non-refundable.
|Fetch Setup Fees
$10 delivery fees are not refundable.
- NBN™ Phone is a phone service that is offered with your NBN™ plan. To use it, you will require a standard phone handset (approved for use in Australia) and VoIP-compatible modem. NBN™ Fibre (FTTP) may include Fibre Phone instead of Netphone, which does not require a VoIP-compatible modem to operate.
- Some of our NBN™ Phone services will not work on a third party modem. In these instances we will not provide you an NBN™ Phone service if you have not purchased an iiNet modem.
- Calls to 000 emergency services may not be possible in the event of a power outage.
- We do not offer priority assistance, nor support for medi-alert services and monitored alarm systems. Priority assistance is offered by Telstra for people who may be reliant on a telephone service because of a serious medical condition. If you have a medi-alert or priority assistance service or believe that you are eligible, please consider this before proceeding with your order.
- Calls to 19/1900 numbers are not available.
- Calls to certain 'high-risk' international destinations are not available by default.
- This service is provided on the basis that you waive your Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) in relation to the NBN™ Phone. You do not have to agree to the waiver, but if you do not agree, we have the right to decline to supply the service.
- For calls on NBN™ Phone:
- Timed international calls are charged per second.
- Calls to Australian mobile numbers are charged per 30 second block.
- Included calls are subject to our Acceptable Use Policy.
- NBN™ Phone must be paired with an active iiNet NBN™ service. If your NBN™ plan is cancelled, your NBN™ Phone service will also be cancelled.
- Transferring an existing phone number to NBN™ Phone will disconnect the existing phone service. After a successful transfer, please contact your existing provider to ensure that your phone service and any add-on services are cancelled.
- Some NBN applications require you to purchase an iiNet modem (which is WiFi and VoIP enabled).
- There are multiple types of broadband and phone on the NBN™, with different hardware setups and requirements. Learn more. about modem compatibility requirements.
- NBN™ FTTC connections require an NBN™ Connection Device, which:
- May be shipped to you for self-installation (if your premises is eligible)
- Will reverse-power the NBN™ network to provide you with a working service
- Remains the property of NBN Co and should not be removed from the premises
- If you BYO modem;
4G Backup Service
- 4G Backup is a complimentary service that provides an interim internet connection using either the Vodafone 3G or 4G network.
- 4G Backup is only available;
- In select Vodafone 3G/4G Network coverage areas.
- Using our Smart Modem Gateway with an embedded 4G-capable SIM card (this SIM must not be removed from the modem).
- When supplied with a compatible iiNet NBN broadband plan.
- Subject to availability, you will be able to use 4G Backup;
- Once you have received your Smart Modem Gateway, until your NBN service is fully activated or for a period of 30 consecutive days (whichever occurs first).
- If you lose connection to iiNet NBN broadband during confirmed local NBN faults (excluding mass NBN outages). This is until the fault is resolved or for a period of 30 consecutive days (whichever occurs first).If we seek your co-operation in restoring your iiNet NBN Service and are unable to obtain it then we may temporarily bar or restrict the 4G Backup service until we successfully contact you.
- Service performance varies depending on network coverage and your location, with speeds likely less than the maximum.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy applies.
Connecting to the NBN™
- Please do not disconnect your existing services until your NBN™ service is working.
- Once the NBN™ roll out has been completed in your area, services over the legacy copper & HFC (Cable) network will no longer be available at your premises. Any copper & HFC (Cable) services that are still connected at your premises on the Disconnection Date are liable to be disconnected. iiNet Cable services in Geelong, Mildura and Ballarat are not subject to this disconnection.
- The installation of NBN™ FTTN, FTTC or FTTB will disconnect the current copper-line telecommunications service that is connected to your premises if you have elected to transition your existing copper-line
- For FTTN & FTTB this will occur outside of your premises during your installation.
- For FTTC this will occur when your NBN™ service is activated, which typically occurs when your NBN™ Connection Box is connected (and working) by either you or an NBN™ Installer.
- Existing ancillary services and devices that rely on your copper-line telecommunications service will no longer work unless you move them to the NBN™ (such as medical alarms, back-to-base alarms, personal response systems, fax machines and EFTPOS). Please check with your device/service manufacturer or provider to see if the device is NBN™ compatible.
- We recommend you register any medical alarm services on the NBN Medical Alarm Register, which can be found on the NBN Co website.
- We are responsible for your service up to the Network Boundary Point:
- For FTTN, FTTC or FTTB this may the first telephone wall socket in your premises or, in the case of multi-dwelling units, your side of the Main Distribution Frame.
- For FTTP or HFC this is a Network Termination Device supplied by NBN Co.
- Customer equipment (such as new or existing cabling and telecommunications outlets) beyond the network boundary point may not work when you connect to NBN™. You may require a registered cabler to connect these to your NBN™ service. You will be responsible for the cost of any such cabling work.
- Your NBN™ service does not include a battery backup. This means your household will be unable to access any internet and telephony services provided by NBN™ during a power outage. This includes making calls to emergency service numbers like 000. Please ensure you have alternate ways of making calls, such as mobile phone.
- If you transfer your existing NBN™ service, you understand that you are responsible to your current broadband provider for any charges incurred until this transfer is complete.
- The activation of your selected services does not necessarily cancel any existing phone or broadband services. It is your responsibility to contact your existing service providers to ensure that unwanted services are cancelled, otherwise you may continue to be billed for them.
Fibre Upgrade Bonus Credit Offer Terms
Bonus credit of $250 applies to new iiNet customers (and to existing iiNet customers who do not already have a nbn® connection). A bonus credit of $100 applies to existing iiNet customers who are eligible for the iiNet nbn® Fibre Upgrade initiative and sign up before 31 March 2024. Offer may be withdrawn earlier or extended. Credit applied within 30 days of FTTP activation. If the FTTP service is cancelled before the full credit is used, any remaining credit balance will be forfeited. Offer is available in conjunction with other in-market offers. Offer not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Not for commercial or resale purposes.
Fetch Subscription Promotion Terms
For personal use only. Fetch Subscription Offer (‘Offer’) available to new Fetch subscribers adding a Fetch subscription to a new or existing Eligible iiNet Internet Plan (‘Eligible Customers’). Eligible iiNet Internet Plans are: NBN and NBN Wireless. To receive the Offer, Eligible Customers must either (a) sign up to a standard Fetch Subscription at the time they sign up to their Eligible iiNet Internet Plan on the iiNet website; or (b) sign into Toolbox and add a Fetch Subscription to their Eligible iiNet Internet Plan after the internet service has been activated. $89.99 Fetch set up fee applies to all new subscriptions. Eligible Customers will receive: $5/mth off monthly Fetch Subscription fees for the first 24 months (i.e. Fetch Subscription will be $0/mth for the first 24 months). Discount will be applied monthly to your bill and is forfeited if you cancel your service or change to a different iiNet internet plan that is not eligible for this discount offer. After the first 24 months, your Fetch Subscription monthly fees will be charged at the undiscounted monthly price of $5/mth. This offer is available in conjunction with other in-market offers, including the iiNet NBN100 $10/mth off first 12 months offer, iiNet NBN Superfast $30/mth off first 6 months, and iiNet NBN Ultrafast $30/mth off first 6 months. Offer available until withdrawn. Services subject to capabilities, network limitations and customer location. Offer not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Not for commercial or resale purposes. Offer subject to change.
NBN Superfast & Ultrafast Promotion Terms
Discount available to approved customers (‘Eligible Customers’) who sign up to any iiNet NBN Superfast/Ultrafast plan (‘Eligible Plan’) from 30th June 2021 and available until withdrawn, as advertised. New iiNet customers only. Discount includes: $30/mth off monthly plan fees (monthly access fees) on Eligible Plan for the first 6 months. Discount will be applied as a recurring monthly credit for 6 months and is forfeited if you cancel or change your plan within the first 6 months. After the first 6 months, your monthly plan fees will be charged at the undiscounted monthly price for your Eligible Plan. This offer is available in conjunction with other in-market offers. Services subject to capabilities, network limitations and customer location. Offer not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Not for commercial or resale purposes. Offer subject to change.
NBN100 Promotion Terms
Discount available to approved customers (‘Eligible Customers’) who sign up to any iiNet NBN100 plan (‘Eligible Plan’) from October 2020 and available until withdrawn, as advertised. New iiNet customers only. Discount includes: $10/mth off monthly plan fees (monthly access fees) on Eligible Plan for the first 12 months. Discount will be applied as a recurring monthly credit for 12 months and is forfeited if you cancel or change your plan within the first 12 months. After the first 12 months, your monthly plan fees will be charged at the undiscounted monthly price for your Eligible Plan. This offer is available in conjunction with other in-market offers. Services subject to capabilities, network limitations and customer location. Offer not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Not for commercial or resale purposes. Offer subject to change.
Fibre Upgrade Terms
Eligible customers in select areas only. Only available with high-speed plans. High-speed compatible modem required – additional fees may apply. T&Cs apply.