Netphone uses VoIP technology which lets you make and receive phone calls through your broadband connection. It works just like a normal phone, except you save money with lower call rates and included features. To use Netphone, just connect a handset to your VoIP-enabled modem (to make things easy, all of our modems are compatible with VoIP).
|VDSL2 Plan||VDSL2 1||VDSL2 2||VDSL2 3|
|Calls to other Netphone numbers|| Included|| Included|| Included|
|Local & standard National calls|| Included|| Included|| Included|
|Standard Australian Mobile calls||29c per min |
(per 30 second block)
|29c per min |
(per 30 second block)
|International calls||From 5c per minute||From 5c per minute||From 5c per minute|
|1300 and 13 numbers||30c untimed||30c untimed||30c untimed|
Download the Netphone Critical Information Summary
So you've gone a bit crazy on the old downloads. Don't sweat it, we've all been there - just pick up an
iiNet Data Pack to replenish your monthly broadband quota. It's a bit of extra quota added to your Peak, Off-Peak or Anytime allowance for full-speed access when you want it. Available through
Toolbox . And we promise not to tell anyone. Honest.
Learn more about our data packs.
To get your broadband up and running, you'll need in your home:
VDSL2 broadband modem
This is the box that connects you to the internet, and is connected to your wall socket. We recommend our VDSL2 modem because it's easy to set up and works with your included Netphone VoIP service.
A phone handset
To use your included Netphone VoIP service, all you'll need is a standard phone to plug into your VoIP-enabled broadband modem. If you're bringing your own VDSL2 modem and it isn't VoIP enabled, you'll just need a VoIP adapter (ATA) to connect between your handset and modem.
- Our activation fee of $159.99 applies to standard VDSL2 service installations unless otherwise specified. Non-standard installations will incur additional charges.
- When you sign up for a 24-month contract;
- your activation fee is discounted to $59.99 - saving $100.
- our VDSL2 modem comes included - saving $60. $10 delivery fee still applies.
- Both uploads and downloads count towards your monthly quota.
- If you have a monthly data quota and you exceed it, your download and upload speeds are shaped to 1Mbps/1Mbps on the 30Mbps plan or 10Mbps/10Mbps on the 80Mbps plans, for the remainder of your billing month, however you can upgrade your plan or add a Data Pack to avoid shaping.
- You may switch between VDSL2 plans at any time without incurring contract break fees.
- A plan change fee of $29 applies when switching to a plan of equal or lesser value.
- Please be aware that any existing services operating on your phone line may not work, such as back-to-base alarms, personal response systems, fax machines or EFTPOS. Please check with your device manufacturer or provider to see if the device is VDSL2 compatible
- Included calls on Netphone and Call Packs are subject to our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Netphone is a VoIP service included with every VDSL2 plan. To use it, you will require a phone handset and VoIP compatible modem (like our own VDSL2 modem). Call inclusions vary by VDSL2 plan.
- Timed calls on Netphone are charged per second. Calls to Australian mobile numbers are charged per 30 second block.
- If you want to keep using any other phone sockets in your home, you will need to get a registered cabler to come and connect these up to your VDSL2 service. You will be responsible for the cost of any such cabling work.
For more information, please refer to our terms, fees & guarantees.