iiNet Cable Plans
iiNet Cable broadband is a great-value alternative to the NBN and is exclusive to Geelong, Ballarat, and Mildura. Make the switch today!
WHY CHOOSE CABLE?
Setup, modem, and delivery all included.
No excess data usage charges or shaping
No lock-in contract means no break fees if you move
The latest AC WiFi modem with easy plug-and-play setup
What is Cable?
Cable gives you broadband speeds delivered over the Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial (HFC) network in Geelong, Mildura & Ballarat (VIC). Fibre optic cable connects to the nodes, and from there coaxial cables connect to a coaxial wall socket in your premises.
How long does it take to get connected to Cable?
Timeframes can change depending on various factors. We will contact you to confirm your appointment within 5 working days of completing a site evaluation (if required).
Connections may occur sooner if Cable has previously been connected at your address and no installer is required.
What happens when Cable is installed?
If a Cable installer is required to visit your premises to install any required equipment or complete your Cable connection, we'll be in touch to book a suitable appointment with you. In such scenarios, you or someone over the age of 18 must be in attendance for the appointment.
*Typical evening speeds indicate typical speeds between 7pm and 11pm and speeds may vary due to various factors explained below.
Premium Typical evening download/upload speed 7PM-11PM: 90/17Mbps^
^Estimated typical eveing download speed for this new plan will be revised once iiNet has collected enough performance data.
Typical eveing upload speed is estimated by refrence to the maximum upload speed for the plan.
Factors that may affect your Cable connection speed
|Quality and capability of hardware
This can include modems, WiFi routers and Ethernet or phone cables.
|WiFi signal interference
You can learn how to improve your home or office’s WiFi signal here.
For example, when speeds slow during peak traffic in the evenings.
|Number of connected devices
When too many devices share the same bandwidth, data flow is limited.
|Which content is being accessed
There may be insufficient server capacity or other issues affecting a specific website or online game.
For example, the quality of coaxial cabling & network infrastructure to your premises.
* Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to various factors as described above.
All iiNet services are bound by our Customer Relationship Agreement. This section offers a quick summary of the terms and guarantees that come with your service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on 13 19 17.
Connecting to Cable
Please do not disconnect your existing services until your Cable service is working.
Existing ancillary services and devices that rely on your copper-line telecommunications service will no longer work unless you move them to Cable (such as medical alarms, back-to-base alarms, personal response systems, fax machines and EFTPOS). Please check with your device/service manufacturer or provider to see if the device is Cable compatible.
- We are responsible for your service up to the Network Boundary Point which is the first coaxial wall socket in your premises.
- Customer equipment (such as new or existing cabling and telecommunications outlets) beyond the Network Boundary Point may not work when you connect to Cable. You may require a registered cabler to connect these to your Cable service. You will be responsible for the arrangement and costs of any such cabling work.
- The activation of your selected services does not necessarily cancel any existing phone or broadband services. It is your responsibility to contact your existing service providers to ensure that unwanted services are cancelled, otherwise you may continue to be billed for them.
- Cable Phone is a phone service that is offered with your Cable plan. To use it, you will require a standard phone handset (approved for use in Australia) and VoIP-compatible modem supplied by iiNet. Our Cable Phone services will not work on a third party modem.
- Calls to 000 emergency services may not be possible in the event of a power outage.
- We do not offer priority assistance, nor support for medi-alert services and monitored alarm systems. Priority assistance is offered by Telstra for people who may be reliant on a telephone service because of a serious medical condition. If you have a medi-alert or priority assistance service or believe that you are eligible, please consider this before proceeding with your order.
- Calls to 19/1900 numbers are not available.
- Calls to certain 'high-risk' international destinations are not available by default.
- This service is provided on the basis that you waive your Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) in relation to the Cable Phone. You do not have to agree to the waiver, but if you do not agree, we have the right to decline to supply the service.
- For calls on Cable Phone:
- Timed international calls are charged per second.
- Calls to Australian mobile numbers are charged per 30 second block.
- Included calls are subject to our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Cable Phone must be paired with an active iiNet Cable service. If your Cable plan is cancelled, your Cable Phone service will also be cancelled.
- Transferring an existing phone number to Cable Phone will disconnect the existing phone service. After a successful transfer, please contact your existing provider to ensure that your phone service and any add-on services are cancelled.
- With Cable you will be supplied an iiNet modem (which is WiFi and VoIP enabled).
- $10 hardware delivery fee applies for iiNet-supplied hardware.
All about your quota
- iiNet Cable comes with unlimited data, and no excess usage charges or shaping speeds.
All iiNet ULTRA Broadband Cable plans are offered on a no lock-in contract.
As defined by installer
Cable WiFi Modem
* Any cabling that is required in your premises beyond the Network Boundary Point is your responsibility. There may be additional installation fees for non-standard premises, however your agreement to these fees will be confirmed prior to iiNet setup.
Hardware Non-Return Fees
If you have selected a Fetch plan, received the Fetch Set Top box supplied to you and want to:
- withdraw your order from us (before your internet service is activated); or
- remove your Fetch subscription only (before your Fetch hardware is activated),
your Fetch setup fees will be credited back to your account once the Set Top box is returned to us in good working order within 21 days of withdrawing your order or removing your Fetch subscription (before Fetch hardware is activated), respectively.
If you cancel your Fetch subscription after it has been activated, any applicable Fetch payment fees are non-refundable.
|Fetch Setup Fees||Amount|
$10 delivery fees are not refundable.
Standard National Calls
Standard Australian Mobile calls
(per 30 second block)
1300 and 13 Numbers
You can add a call pack to your Cable plan to reduce call costs on eligible calls. Call pack charges apply.
View our International call rates
How it Works
To get Cable Phone up and running in your home, you'll need:
- A phone handset and cable
Cable Phone works just like a normal phone. To start using it, all you need to do is plug a standard phone handset (approved for use in Australia) into your Cable WiFi modem.
- Cable WiFi Modem
You must use the Cable WiFi Modem supplied by us in order for your Cable Phone service to work.
Cable Phone includes the following standard features:
- Calling Line ID Blocking
- Call Barring
- Call Forwarding Always, Busy, Selective and No Answer
- Call Waiting
- 3-Way Call
Promo Offer Terms
6 Months Promo Offer Terms
Discount available to approved new iiNet Cable customers (‘Eligible Customers’) signing up to the iiNet Cable Ultra Broadband Plan (‘Eligible Plan’) as advertised. New connections only. Offer available until withdrawn. Discount includes $10/mth off monthly plan fees on the Eligible Plan for the first 6 months. Discount will be applied monthly to your bill and is forfeited if you cancel or change your plan within the first 6 months. After the first 6 months, your monthly plan fees will be charged at the undiscounted monthly price for your Eligible Plan. This offer is available in conjunction with other in-market offers, including the Fetch Ultimate Offer. Services subject to capabilities, network limitations and customer location. Offer not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Not for commercial or resale purposes. Offer subject to change.
Fetch Subscription Promo Offer Terms
For personal use only. Fetch Subscription Offer (‘Offer’) available to new Fetch subscribers adding a Fetch subscription to a new or existing Eligible iiNet Internet Plan (‘Eligible Customers’). Eligible iiNet Internet Plans are: Ultra Cable and Ultra VDSL2. To receive the Offer, Eligible Customers must either (a) sign up to a standard Fetch Subscription at the time they sign up to their Eligible iiNet Internet Plan on the iiNet website; or (b) sign into Toolbox and add a Fetch Subscription to their Eligible iiNet Internet Plan after the internet service has been activated. $89.99 Fetch set up fee applies to all new subscriptions. Eligible Customers will receive: $5/mth off monthly Fetch Subscription fees for the first 24 months (i.e. Fetch Subscription will be $0/mth for the first 24 months). Discount will be applied monthly to your bill and is forfeited if you cancel your service or change to a different iiNet internet plan that is not eligible for this discount offer. After the first 24 months, your Fetch Subscription monthly fees will be charged at the undiscounted monthly price of $5/mth. This offer is available in conjunction with other in-market offers, including the iiNet Ultra Cable/VDSL2 $10/mth off first 6 months offer and the Fetch Bonus Ultimate Offer. Offer available until withdrawn. Services subject to capabilities, network limitations and customer location. Offer not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Not for commercial or resale purposes. Offer subject to change.
Fetch Bonus Ultimate Pack Offer Terms
For personal use only. Fetch Ultimate Bonus Offer (‘Offer’) available to new Fetch subscribers signing up to a new Eligible iiNet Internet Plan who (a) add a standard Fetch subscription to their service; and (b) add the Fetch Bonus Ultimate Pack to their subscription, in the same transaction (‘Eligible Customers’). Not available to existing iiNet internet customers or customers with an existing Fetch subscription. Eligible iiNet Internet Plans are: Ultra Cable, Ultra VDSL2 and Ultra FTTB. To receive the Offer, Eligible Customers must sign up to a standard Fetch Subscription and add on the Fetch Ultimate Bonus Pack at the time they sign up to their Eligible iiNet Internet Plan on the iiNet website. $89.99 Fetch set up fee applies to all new standard Fetch subscriptions. Eligible Customers will receive: $20/mth off monthly fees for their Fetch Ultimate Bonus Pack Subscription for the first 6 months (i.e. Fetch Ultimate Bonus Pack Subscription will be $0/mth for the first 6 months). Discount will be applied monthly to your bill and is forfeited if you cancel your service or change to a different iiNet internet plan that is not eligible for this discount offer. After the first 6 months, your Fetch Ultimate Bonus Pack Subscription monthly fees will be charged at the undiscounted monthly price of $20/mth. Bonus Ultimate Pack monthly fee is charged in addition to the Fetch subscription monthly fee. This offer is available in conjunction with other in-market offers, including the iiNet Ultra Cable/VDSL2/FTTB $10/mth off first 6 months and the Fetch Subscription Offer. Offer available until withdrawn. Services subject to capabilities, network limitations and customer location. Offer not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Not for commercial or resale purposes. Offer subject to change.