- We use and may disclose your personal information in order to:
- Provide services to you;
- Research, develop, administer, protect and improve our services;
- Check your credit worthiness with a Credit Reporting Agency; and
- Comply with a legislative instrument such as a request for information by a regulatory body or a Court Order.
- Excluding the requirements in Clause 1, we will not disclose any information you give to us to any other entity without your express permission.
- Customers may request access to personal information collected by iiNet in relation to themselves and the use of their account. We work to ensure these details are always correct and up-to-date and will amend any inaccuracies or make changes to details upon request.
- By law, we must retain some customer information for a minimum of five years. However, we do not retain clients' personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes of compliance with the law and routine administration.
- We keep customer information on controlled facilities, secure against unauthorised access. Proof of identity is always required before information gets released to any person, including the customer.
- We typically communicate with customers by email and send all customers a newsletter approximately once per month. In exceptional circumstances, urgent notifications may also be sent out by email.
Dated the 27th day of November 2009.