iiNet offers assistance to customers affected by Adelaide Hills bushfires
06 January 2015
The iiNet Group, including Adam and Internode, has announced relief assistance for all customers affected by the Adelaide Hills bushfires.
General Manager of Customer Service, Mathew Conn, said iiNet was ready to support customers in need.
"While the CFS continues their battle to contain the bushfires in the Adelaide Hills, we'll be offering relief assistance to our customers affected by the blaze. We hope these relief options take some of the pressure off those affected by the Sampson Flat fire during this extremely difficult time," he said.
As part of the relief package, affected customers will be provided with:
- Cancellation, without penalty, of the fixed line service and reservation of the customer's telephone number for a period of three months.
- Free connection to alternative premises/accommodation while a customer's home is uninhabitable.
- Complimentary MobiiHotspot and 4G wireless broadband service (10GB per month) for up to three months (for those not choosing fixed-line connection)
- Cancellation, without penalty, of any broadband or dialup internet service.
- Free installation of any ADSL internet service at the customer's new premises within a 12 month period and continuation of existing contract (where relevant and with no penalty).
"Our thoughts are with all those affected by the bushfires," Mr Conn said.
"While phone and Internet may not be a priority for our customers at the moment, we will do everything we can to provide temporary services, and make things easier when they are ready to restore their home and business connections," Mr Conn said.
"We have always supported our customers in times of tragedies or natural disasters and will continue to do so."
All iiNet, Adam and Internode customers located in SA’s bushfire-damaged areas can call 1300 882 426 for immediate access to the relief package.
- ENDS -
iiNet is Australia's second largest DSL Internet Service Provider and the leading challenger in the telecommunications market.
We're committed to making it simple for all Australians to connect across both our own network and the National Broadband Network (NBN). Our vision is to lead the market with services that harness the potential of the Internet and then differentiate with award-winning customer service.
iiNet has a proud history of delivering awesome customer service, which has won us dozens of awards, including Best Large Business at the 2013 International Service Excellence Awards.
We employ more than 2,500 enthusiastic staff across three countries - 80 per cent of whom are employed to directly service nearly one million customers. We maintain our own broadband network and support over 1.8 million services nationwide.
A lot has changed since iiNet was founded in a suburban garage in 1993 and the broadband landscape continues to evolve. What hasn't changed is our passion for the transformative benefits of the Internet and our commitment to helping Australians connect better.
To learn more about iiNet and its long history of being a challenger in the Australian telecommunications market, click here.