Test your current broadband speed
Curious to know how fast your connection is? You've come to the right place! All you need to do is click on the Begin Test button to start your broadband speed test. (And just so you know, both the download and upload speeds are measured in Mbps.)
You can check out your download and upload speed, and just in case you need it, we threw in a ping test too. So go on, try our nifty broadband speed test - it's as simple as pressing a button!
It's pretty cool to be able to test your current broadband speed, but remember, it's only a guide. Your speed can be affected by lots of different factors, both inside and outside of your home.
Things that affect your connection speed
Inside your home, broadband speed can be affected by:
- Your equipment
- The program that you're using
- The plan you're on
- WiFi connection
- Type of content that you're downloading or uploading
- Whether your internet hardware is NBN ready (if you're using an NBN connection)
Outside your home, other potential factors include:
- The quality of the connection between your house and the exchange
- The capacity of backhaul at the nearest exchange
- Capacity on international cables
Check out our Plans
Need help choosing a plan? Visit our plan selector tool.