Mobile Broadband plans
Stay connected in more places with iiNet Mobile Broadband! With 3G and 4G coverage, you can stay connected wherever you are, whether you’re at home, on the train, or out and about, just plug in your USB modem to enjoy wireless broadband access on your laptop.
You’ll pay no setup fees, and you don’t have to worry about costly installation. Soon after signing up, you’ll receive your wireless USB modem. All you need to do is plug it in, follow a few simple instructions, and you can be connected within minutes.
Our mobile broadband plans allow you to connect to 3G and 4G wireless networks. Using the 3G Optus Dual Band mobile network, our 3G plans offer 97% coverage of populated Australia, allowing you to enjoy wireless broadband access throughout metro and regional areas.
While our 4G broadband coverage is currently only available in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Newcastle, Queensland and the Gold Coast metro, coverage in other areas will soon follow. Check our coverage map to see which mobile broadband plan would suit you best.
Not only can we offer you the best broadband deals, we can save you money. We'll give you $5 off your monthly plan price (excludes 4G Mobile Broadband 5GB plan) when you bundle with Broadband or Phone (excludes Naked DSL).
So, check out our wireless broadband plans, and enjoy fast internet, great value, and a range of extras, including ten email addresses and 1GB of webspace, email protection against virus and spam threats, 24/7 customer service and support, and a 24 month warranty on all mobile broadband hardware.
3G available for 97%
- 4G available in most metro areas ?
Peak + off-peak
|Unbundled price||Bundled price?||Excess usage|
|3G Mobile Broadband 2GB||1GB + 1GB||$14.95 ($7.48 per GB)||$9.95 ($4.98 per GB)||5c/MB|
|3G Mobile Broadband 4GB||2GB + 2GB||$19.95 ($4.99 per GB)||$14.95 ($3.74 per GB)||5c/MB|
|3G Mobile Broadband 8GB||4GB + 4GB||$29.95($3.74 per GB)||$24.95($3.12 per GB)||5c/MB|
Peak time is 07:00am - midnight AEST/AEDST, Off-Peak time is midnight - 07:00am AEST/AEDST every day. Minimum total cost over a 12 month contract on the 3G Mobile Broadband 2GB unbundled plan is $199.40 ($14.95 monthly plan fee + $20.00 for a SIM cost).Download the Mobile Broadband Critical Information Summary
| With 4G hardware
on 24 month contract
on no contract
|4G Mobile Broadband 5GB||5GB Anytime||$34.95($6.99 per GB)||$29.95($5.99 per GB)||2c/MB|
|4G Mobile Broadband 10GB||10GB Anytime||$39.95($4.00 per GB)||$34.95($3.50 per GB)||2c/MB|
|4G Mobile Broadband 15GB||15GB Anytime||$59.95($4.00 per GB)||$54.95($3.66 per GB)||2c/MB|
|4G Mobile Broadband 20GB||20GB Anytime||$79.95($4.00 per GB)||$74.95($3.75 per GB)||2c/MB|
Minimum total cost over a 24 month contract on the 4G Mobile Broadband 5GB plan unbundled plan is $838.80 ($34.95 monthly plan fee, includes 4G USB modem).Download the Mobile Broadband Critical Information Summary
All mobile broadband plans come with
10 email addresses
Complimentary email protection
against virus & spam threats
24/7 customer service
Support when you need it most
Bundle and save
Bundle mobile broadband with one of our broadband or phone plans and you'll save $5 on your monthly fee (excludes 4G Mobile Broadband 5GB plan).
No setup fees
With no wires or costly installation, mobile broadband is easy to get started with. You'll receive your wireless USB modem shortly after signing up - just follow the setup instructions and be online within minutes.
Coverage to 97% of Australians
Our 3G plans access the Optus Dual Band 3G mobile network, with 97% coverage of populated Australia. This means we can give you great service throughout metro and regional areas - or where other networks can't offer the same speed and value for money. Our 4G network is currently only available in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Newcastle, Queensland and the Gold Coast metro but stay tuned as other areas come online!
- Our plans access the Optus Dual Band 3G and 4G mobile networks. The service is available in areas within Optus 3G/4G mobile network coverage.
- If you experience difficulty with your connection at your primary place of use, our 10-day return policy allows you to cancel your contract and return your hardware. To be eligible for this policy, you must provide a valid address and confirm that this was checked against the coverage checker when you signed up for the service.
- An excess fee per megabyte (MB) applies once the monthly data allowance is reached. Usage is counted from the first day, expiring on the last day, of each calendar month.
- It’s a customer’s responsibility to manage their data usage. While 3G usage data is available in Toolbox within 20 minutes, 4G data usage may take up to 48 hours to appear. Your mobile broadband device has real-time usage monitoring available for more up-to-date usage statistics. Have a look at our helpful Help article for further details
- Both uploads and downloads count towards monthly usage. You will receive notification when you are about to reach your allowance.
- Separate contracts may apply when bundling Mobile Broadband with our ADSL broadband product.
- Receive $5 off the monthly Mobile Broadband price when you bundle with an iiNet Broadband plan (excludes Naked DSL and 4G Mobile Broadband 5GB plan).
For more information, please refer to our Mobile terms, fees & guarantees.
Is this your first time with mobile broadband?
To stay connected with mobile broadband, you'll need:
This device is your key to mobile internet access. Choose one of ours or bring your own (for our SIM-only hardware option).
A spare USB port
on your computer or laptop where you can plug in your modem.
3G or 4G reception
Check our coverage maps or call 13 19 17 to see if our mobile internet reception is available in your area.