iiNet fibre – email protection setup
We know that spam and email viruses can be a real hassle - that's why we were the first internet provider in Australia to deliver premium anti-spam and anti-virus solutions to our customers for free.
All iiNet email accounts now receive this built-in email virus filter and spam protection. It's our way of saying thank you for choosing us.
Thousands of emails a day pass through our filters, powered by Ironport. This industry leading technology, paired with Sophos AntiVirus, constantly monitors for the latest virus threats to keep your emails safe.
Alongside this, Symantec Brightmail offers the best accuracy rate in spam filtering technology, with the chance of only one in every million email messages being incorrectly filtered!
For more information, check out the FAQ.
what do you need to do to be protected?
We've set the default to automatically detect and delete spam and email viruses from your iiNet email account. However, if you choose to tag your spam, you can update your settings any time.
If, for some reason, you prefer not to take advantage of these free services, you can follow the simple instructions below to turn off or modify the service.
- Login to Toolbox with your username and password.
- Find your account under Internet Account Type. Click on the Account Tools dropdown box and click on Virus, Spam, Forward Email.
- Your settings will automatically be set to enable email virus and spam protection. You can choose to enable or disable your filters at any time. When the anti-spam filter is enabled, you can also choose whether you'd like spam to be deleted before it reaches your inbox, or tagged for you to review and delete.
- Your Email AntiSpam and Email AntiVirus are specific to each mailbox. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each additional mailbox within your account if you would like to customise your settings.
Please remember, your default settings will enable AntiSpam and AntiVirus on your accounts - so if you're happy with these settings, you won't have to do a thing!
terms & conditions
- iiNet Email AntiSpam and Email AntiVirus are server-level email-only filters. They are free services for all designated iiNet email accounts. These services will be activated on 15 November 2004. Spam and Virus settings will take effect on that day.
- Settings are specific to each mailbox. The default settings enable Email AntiVirus and Email AntiSpam to delete spam emails and virus infected emails. Settings can be modified by the customer at any time via Toolbox to disable services or to tag spam messages.
- Email AntiVirus and Email AntiSpam will be disabled if email forwarding is enabled. Disable email forwarding to take advantage of these security settings.
- iiNet's Email AntiVirus protects email accounts only. We recommend using a desktop anti-virus sotluion to protect your system from other means of infection. Symantec products including Norton Anti-Virus, Norton Personal Firewall and Norton Internet Security are available to purchase via Toolbox.